Not School

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. -- Mark Twain

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Some Anya quotes


    Yesterday the kids were playing together, getting riled up and being silly and laughing hysterically. Then it sort of died down, and from the other room I overheard this:

    Anya: You're a pretty nice baby, aren't you.
    Tristan: Uh-huh!
    Anya: Yeah, you're pretty nice.
    Tristan: Uh-huh!
    Anya: You're not a very smart baby, I'm sorry to say.

    I had a good laugh at that one....

    She uses this new tone now, best described as "let me break this to you gently." She used that tone a few weeks ago when we were getting ready for a family party at my parents' house. My dad had been outside doing some last-minute yard work and getting chairs out and so on, and he was still wearing his old grungy clothes. Anya came up to him and saw the holes in his jeans, and said: "Pop, those pants look really good on you, but I'm not sure they would be polite to wear to a get-together."

    And a few days ago I was brushing my hair and she came into the bathroom and said "Mom, you look beau-- well, you look pretty good." Gee, thanks, kiddo! =)

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Barbnocity said...

    Ha ha hahahahah...oooh...very funny, indeed :)

    :-)

    July 21, 2006 9:38 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, you got to watch what you ask that one! Take her clothes shopping with you though and you'll always know if it works or not!
    Kim at relaxedhomeskool

    July 27, 2006 11:08 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home