Not School

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. -- Mark Twain

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Stop me if you've heard this one before....


    I found this hilarious bit over at Our Unschooling Adventure, and since it's the kind of thing that travels rapidly all over the Internet, I hope it's okay to copy it here. Okay, so here it is:

    Q:

    How does a homeschooler change a lightbulb?

    A:

    First, Mom checks three books on electricity out of the library, then the kids make models of light bulbs, read a biography of Thomas Edison, and do a skit based on his life.

    Next, everyone studies the history of lighting methods, wrapping up with dipping their own candles.

    Next, everyone takes a trip to the store where they compare types of lightbulbs, as well as prices, and figure out how much change they'll get if they buy two bulbs for $1.99 and pay with a five-dollar bill.

    On the way home, a discussion develops over the history of money and also Abraham Lincoln, as his picture is on the five-dollar bill.

    Finally, after building a homemade ladder out of branches dragged from the woods, the lightbulb is installed.

    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When I first read that joke, I didn't even see the joke. It is so true!

    Kimzyn
    relaxedhomeskool.com

    May 24, 2006 3:31 PM  
    Blogger Hawksbill said...

    This is a hoot. Very nice! :)

    July 02, 2006 1:16 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home