Not School

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. -- Mark Twain

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Where I've been


    "Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality."

    --Michael Ellner

    That's pretty much how I'm feeling right now.

    My husband and I have been reading about vaccines, fluoride, antibiotics, food additives, and mercury dental fillings over the past few days (thus my absence from blogging). Once again I've been thinking of how schools train everyone to look to the authorities for the truth, and then those authorities turn around and lie to us. What a perfect system for those in power.

    Only in a country with state schooling could you get people to believe:

    • antibiotics cure ear infections caused by viruses
    • injecting infants with mercury (>90 times safety limits) does them no harm
    • infants do not feel pain (medical dogma into the 1970's)
    • even though 100% of fats produced by your own liver are saturated, saturated fats are in fact bad for you
    • even though your liver makes 80% of all the cholesterol in your body, making more or less depending on how much you eat, cholesterol is some sort of poison
    • children have no natural desire to learn
    • humans don't know how to form social groups or communities without schooling
    • Christopher Columbus was a great guy
    • fluoride is good for you (would you like a side of arsenic?)
    • putting mercury in your teeth has no health effects

    Amazing what they can get us to believe.

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Frankie said...

    May I just tell you again how much I love your blog?

    I never gave the sat fat much thought, so thanks for giving me that food for thought. It sounds very logical.

    The rest, totally agree with. Our dentist is okay with the fact I refuse flouride for my son, but the hygenist has a fit and lectures me every time. Oh well.

    April 09, 2006 6:27 PM  
    Blogger Production Is Wealth said...

    Thanks!

    You might try Googling Dr. Mary Enig, who wrote the excellent book Know Your Fats. I find her essays/speeches pretty fascinating. She talks about both saturated fat and cholesterol.

    One of the problems with early research is that they threw unnatural trans-fats (hydrogenated fats) into the "saturated" category, which is not sensible. Trans-fats are very unhealthy, so of course it made the saturated fat category look dangerous.

    She also argues that polyunsaturated fats are less stable and more prone to dangerous oxidization than saturated fats. Nuts and vegetables have plenty of antioxidants to protect these fragile oils, if you eat the whole food. The problem is when we remove the oil, heavily process and purify it (removing most of the antioxidants), and eat it in unnaturally large quantities. Our immune systems apparently need the right balance of omega-6 (nut and veggie oil) and omega-3 (grains and fish oil) fatty acids. Too much omega-6 can promote inflammatory immune conditions. (We were never meant to eat corn oil by the cupful....)

    I'm wondering when I'll come across some "common knowledge" that I agree with! =)

    April 09, 2006 7:08 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home