Not School

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. -- Mark Twain

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Meet my kids



    Having disabled pop-up blockers, fiddled with my browser, and learned how to circumvent our firewall, I can finally bring you this photo of my kids! Whew! Only took me a week....




    And a couple more:





    This is Anya (now 5 years old) in her swimsuit, goggles, and dress shoes. Swimming is probably Anya's favorite thing to do, second only to catching bugs. She also loves playing "pet shop," usually setting up an elaborate scene in some convenient location, such as the top of the stairs.









    This is Tristan. He's 13 months, weighs 30 pounds, and is very nearly as strong as I am! His favorite things are toddling around after the cat, escaping with no diaper on, and eating pickles. If you think it's odd that he likes pickles, you should see him eat brined Greek olives. (Somehow I got one kid who eats nothing and one who eats everything.)





    What can I say, I got tired of typing "A." and "T.".


    A while back I posted a list of humorous things Anya had said. I've collected a few more, and they seem like a good way to finish this post, so here they are!


    "Tristan can't draw like I can draw because I have mental advantages."


    "Can I have a bagel, Mom? I'm ravenous, and that's even worse than famished."


    [after I said we were out of milk]: "Too bad we don't have any coconuts or we could just cut one open and get the milk ourselves."


    "You know Mom, you said it's healthy to eat a variety of foods and I haven't had any chocolate yet today."


    Me: "...you're thinking ahead!"
    Anya: "Yes... that's where my brain is."


    [me, responding to Tristan crying]: "What happened?"
    Anya, sounding perfectly innocent and matter-of-fact: "Well, he knocked his head against that little plastic hammer."


    Anya: "I'd like to wear your ring sometime."
    Me: "Well, that's my wedding ring. I don't ever take it off."
    Anya: "You mean because if you took it off then you wouldn't be mating anymore?"


    Me: "I'm just letting you know, bedtime is coming soon."
    Anya: "Well, it's not coming as soon as you think."

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home