Not School

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. -- Mark Twain

Friday, June 03, 2005

Pet tags


    A. has a small stuffed cat named Cherry who is very dear to her. We recently got Cherry a collar and a pet tag, with "CHERRY" on one side and our address and phone number on the reverse. I wanted to mention this idea, because it's a great way for a small child to memorize that information. Plus, if the stuffed animal ever goes missing (which in our case would be a catastrophe, because Cherry accompanies us everywhere and A can't sleep without her), some kindly person will hopefully give you a call. If you have a cell phone and you put that number on the tag, it could even be useful if your child gets separated from you.

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Hawksbill said...

    Re: your "pet tags" post in June of '05...

    This is a great idea. I've just been trying to think of a good way to teach my 4 year old our address that would be fun and easy.

    Now I just have to try to figure out how to spell: Too Toosk (his stuffed dog.

    Tutusk? Tutoosk? Hm....

    July 05, 2006 2:03 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home